The Southwest Meets the Old West
Founded in 1849, Las Cruces, New Mexico’s culture and history reaches back at least 4,000 years. Native American Indians, Spanish explorers, Mexican colonists, American settlers, and Wild West outlaws have all called the Mesilla Valley home.
The indelible mark of each culture can be seen in Las Cruces today. This crossroads of cultures makes Las Cruces one of the most interesting and culture rich places you will find in the United States. Contact us today for more information on the galleries, museums, and events you can enjoy living at Picacho Mountain.
Las Cruces is also home to one of the a nationally recognized symphony orchestra, plus many museums, more than 40 galleries, and over 200 artists. Discover these great cultural experiences and so much more:
- Las Cruces Museum of Art
- Branigan Cultural Center
- Las Cruces Museum of Natural History
- Las Cruces Railroad Museum
- New Mexico Farm and Ranch Museum
- New Mexico State University Museum – Kent Hall
- Preston Contemporary Art Center
- Rothermel Fine Art Gallery
- Mesilla Valley Fine Arts Gallery
- Las Cruces Symphony Orchestra
You will never have trouble finding events and activities in Las Cruces. Enrich your life with cultural events like:
- Whole Enchilada Festival – Home of the world’s largest enchilada
- Hatch Chile Festival – Thousands gather Labor Day Weekend for chile roasting, chile contests, chile parades and of course, chile eating
- Diez y Seis de Septiembre Fiesta – Folklorico dances, mariachi music and authentic Mexican cuisine attracts visitors from around the world to Old Mesilla
- Harvest Wine Festival – Enjoy fun and festivities as you enjoy wine from local Southern New Mexico wineries
- Mesilla Valley Maze – Celebrate fall at Mesilla Valley corn maze with fun for the whole family
- Cowboy Days – Celebrate Las Cruces’ cowboy heritage at the Farm and Ranch museum
- Mesilla Valley Jazz Happening – Historic Old Mesilla comes alive as the areas best jazz musicians entertain at the free event
- So much More!
Contact us today for more information on the galleries, museums, and events in Las Cruces, NM.
take advantage of all that las cruces has to offer!