I Need to Sell My House
“I’d Love to Live in Picacho Mountain
But I Need to Sell My House!”
Is the fear of phantom equity
getting in the way of living your Dream?
Aren’t we all guilty of it? We look nostalgically back to 2007 when real estate was at an all time high. We think back, wishing we’d sold our homes back then. We daydream about gaining back that appreciation.
The problem comes when it’s time to sell your house. If you stay too focused on the past and what first you might have had, you may be pricing your house out of the market.
You may find yourself ready to move here and become a community member of Picacho Mountain but you need to sell your current house.
You’re not alone. Many homeowners are just like you.
You’re ready to start living the Picacho Mountain resort lifestyle but you may feel paralyzed by fear. You’re wondering, “Is this the right time to sell? Is this the right time to buy? What if the market goes up? What if the market does down? What if I can’t sell my home for the price I think it’s worth?”
Do these sound like the kinds of questions you’re wrestling with right now?
Scooby Doo and the “Selling Your Home” Phantom
Do you remember Scooby Doo? I bet you’re wondering what Scooby Doo has to do with selling your home.
If you remember, pretty much every cartoon is the same. The Scooby gang starts each episode chasing of some type of phantom, ghost or goul; something that seems really scary. At the end, the phantom’s mask is always ripped away to reveal something much less scary like the farmer next door or an angry relative.
Today, I am going to be Scooby Doo. I am going pull the mask off of the phantom and show you why there is nothing to fear when it comes to selling your existing house.
“There is nothing to fear
when it comes time to
sell your current house
in today’s market”
The Price Is Right!
One of your biggest concerns is probably that you aren’t going to get as much for your house as you would have five years ago. Let me address that fear right away.
It’s just a fact. The housing market has declined in almost every part of the country. Most sellers will get less for their current house than they would have at the peak of the market. Does this mean you can’t sell or that it is a bad time to sell? Certainly not!
“Now is the best time to
sell an existing house because
it’s an even better time to
BUY your new home”
Any real estate expert will tell you that your home is most likely to sell in an up market or down market when it’s priced right. Just like in the game show, The Price Is Right, the key is to price your home for today’s market price without going over.
One of our experts (not Scooby Doo) tells us that if you’re holding out to get a better price on your house, then you’re chasing “phantom equity”. The money you might have made at the peak of the market doesn’t really exist. It never did, unless you actually sold your house back then.
How much will it cost you to wait?
When you sell your existing house and buy a new home today at Picacho Mountain, you are exchanging or gaining equity in a new home.
Here’s the other side of the coin. If you wait, you risk to build a new home later, interest rates will be higher and you’ll lose out on today’s great incentives and included upgrades. You will miss out on the added benefits of lower utility bills and lower monthly house payments.
Wait for Better Conditions
Bottom line: you stand to lose more waiting for favorable market conditions than if you were to take action now.
Is Phantom Equity keeping you from you from selling your home?
So what do you find when you strip away the mask and take a good look at that Phantom Equity? The truth is that it really isn’t as scary as you think!
There has never been a better time to select your new home at Picacho Mountain. Here’s what I mean:
- Better long-term value. Picacho Mountain offers real value. You don’t just get a new home. Picacho Mountain offers majestic views that are in higher demand. You’ll live in a resort-style community with access to a private country club and an upcoming first class restaurant, boutique hotel/spa, and upscale shoppes. And that’s just the surface. Picacho Mountain is truly a one-of-a-kind destination.
- Higher Quality and Lower Cost of Construction. The cost of construction in today’s market is lower than it was five years ago and we’re passing those savings on to you with even more upgrades now included in the starting package, bigger spaces, and a smaller investment on your part.
- Lower Maintenance. Do you want to be in an older home that will require more repairs and maintenance than a newer home? Picacho Mountain homes cost you less to operate and maintain than older houses.
- New Home Warranty. Reputable builders like Picacho Mountain include new home warranties that give you extra peace of mind.
- Lower Utility Bills. Picacho Mountain provides quality construction and ENERGY STAR® appliances, fixtures, windows, and insulation in Picacho Mountain’s new homes. All this lowers your monthly bills and give you the satisfaction of reducing your carbon footprint.
- Rock Bottom Financing Rates: Picacho Mountain refers only the finest lenders so you can lock in today’s low rates. With rates this low, you can afford more home, more features, at lower monthly payments. Remember when a 15 percent interest rate was a bargain in the 80′s!
Contact us today to start planning your new home, and don’t let the Phantom Equity keep you from fulfilling your dreams.